We don’t actively support Internet Explorer
It appears that you are using Internet Explorer, which has been discontinued by Microsoft. Support has ended for versions older than 11, and as a result you may face security issues and other problems when using it.
We recommend upgrading to a newer browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Edge for a much better experience across the web.
While this site may work with Explorer, we are not testing and verifying it, so you may run into some trouble or strange looking things.
June 10, 2022
Comprehensive Queer Reading List for Pride
Happy Pride Month from Canadian Scholars and Women’s Press! To celebrate, we have created a comprehensive academic reading list showcasing our LGBT2S+, Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies titles. Spanning disciplines from Health Studies to Research Theory and Methods, we have something for everyone wishing to learn and explore.
- Gender, Sex, and Tech! An Intersectional Feminist Guide
- Gendered Bodies and Public Scrutiny: Women’s Stories of Staring, Strangers, and Fierce Resistance
- Women and HIV Prevention in Canada: Implications for Research, Policy, and Practice
- Who’s Your Daddy: And Other Writings on Queer Parenting
- LGBTQ People and Social Work: Intersectional Perspectives
- Trans Youth Stories: An Intergenerational Dialogue after the "Trans Tipping Point"
- Queerly Canadian, Second Edition: An Introductory Reader in Sexuality Studies
- Sex Change, Social Change, Second Edition: Reflections on Identity, Institutions, and Imperialism
- TransNarratives: Scholarly and Creative Works on Transgender Experience
- Trans Activism in Canada: A Reader
- Oversight: Critical Reflections on Feminist Research and Politics
- Trans/forming Feminisms: Trans-feminist Voices Speak Out
- Sons of the Movement: FtMs Risking Incoherence on a Post-Queer Cultural Landscape
- Gender Relations in Global Perspective: Essential Readings
- Body Studies in Canada: Critical Approaches to Embodied Experiences
- Bent on Writing
- Canadian Men and Masculinities: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives
We have been releasing titles with a Queer focus since we were established and celebrate diversity all year-round. If you are interested in publishing or have an idea for a Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies title, please contact our Editor Sarah Powell at email@example.com. For other inquires please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.