We don’t actively support Internet Explorer
It appears that you are using Internet Explorer, which has been discontinued by Microsoft. Support has ended for versions older than 11, and as a result you may face security issues and other problems when using it.
We recommend upgrading to a newer browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Edge for a much better experience across the web.
While this site may work with Explorer, we are not testing and verifying it, so you may run into some trouble or strange looking things.
March 18, 2021
Virtual Event Celebrating the Publication of Indigenous Food Systems
Join Canadian Scholars for a virtual event in celebration of the publication of Indigenous Food Systems on April 8, 2021 at 4:00 pm EST/3:00 pm CST.
Register to view a robust discussion moderated by Charles Levkoe (Canada Research Chair in Sustainable Food Systems, Director, Sustainable Food Systems Lab, Lakehead University) between editors Priscilla Settee and Shailesh Shukla, and their guests:
- Elder David Daniels, Knowledge keeper
- Dawn Morrison of the Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
- Asfia Gulrukh Kamal, Assistant Professor at University College of the North
- Hannah Tait Neufeld, Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Health, Wellness and Food Environments at the University of Waterloo
- Elisa Levi, Indigenous Peoples Resilience fund and Anishinaabe, member of Chippewas of Nawash
Click here to register.
We'll be giving away two copies of the book and providing a 20% discount code available to all attendees, valid on canadianscholars.com April 8 - 16, 2021.