September 8, 2022
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is seeking an Editorial Assistant for a full-time position. This position is hybrid and requires working from our Toronto downtown office 2 days per week. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the book publishing staff in the acquisition, development, and production of academic titles.
The Editorial Assistant is responsible for:
- Supporting publishing staff in all activities leading to publication
- Conducting market research for proposed manuscripts
- Assisting with assembling peer review panels
- Assisting with the preparation of manuscripts for production
- Assisting with photo research for covers
- Checking proofs and editing indexes
- Writing and proofreading back cover copy
- Assisting in the creation and editing of supplementary teaching materials
- Managing the book permissions process
- Assisting in the grant application process
- Mailing and distributing books to authors and reviewers
- Performing EPUB quality control checks
- Performing administrative support where needed
The ideal candidate has excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and a university degree. Enrollment or recent experience in a book publishing program is required, and experience working or interning in book publishing is preferred. The successful candidate will have copyediting and research skills and be very comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Word) and Adobe Acrobat. Bilingualism in French is an asset.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, in one PDF document, to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23rd, 2022.
Canadian Scholars/Women’s Press is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equality and diversity, and we encourage applicants from underrepresented communities. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.